Monday, January 25, 2010

Dayton's first 2 weeks

         Saturday the 23rd was my due date and oh boy I am so grateful he was early and that I was in Rexburg when I went into labor because the snow here was terrible.  He is such a great baby.  He sleeps well in the night only waking twice to eat and he hardly cries.  He smiles when he has gas and it is so cute.  I can't wait until he smiles in response to us.  He really only cries when he gets his diaper changed and when he takes a bath, which is funny because he was in the NICU for the first week after he was born and he never cried with all the needles they poked him with.  The second week he was finally home. We love our little boy.  He is the cutest baby ever...I am entitled to think that!  (Even if he wasn't cute I wouldn't know because I think he is so dang adorable).  Here are a few pictures of his first 2 weeks.  I need to collect pictures from everyone else to add to his first 2 weeks but that will be for another day.


His first Bath. He hated it.


More bath and big cries.


In the NICU


He loves his Binki!


All plugged in and moitors beeping but happy to be with Mommy!

 
What a good looking guy...both of them!


The I.V. in his little head...that is hard for a new Mom to handle but I knew he was getting his medication so that helped calm the nerves.

 
A few hours before he was able to come home.  We had to wait for the last dose of antibiotics. 


Grandpa Great (Right before Dayton was discharged)

 
Grandma Great


Welcome Home Dayton!


Hangin' out with Mommy


It's so nice not to have cords and monitors in the way and needles out


Hangin' out with Daddy


Grandma Connie came to help for a week...what a life saver!


Check out what he is hanging on to...


His favorite thing


The Bird boys except Mitchell...pretty soon we will have a picture of all of them all


Grandpa Bird fianlly gets to see him after he is a week old, he has been working in Wyoming


Sleeping in Grandma's arms sucking on fingers


His cord fell off at exactly 2 weeks


Curly Hair!


I brush it to go straight.  He was doomed to have curls coming from both parents


Chewing on fingers


Cute boy


Starting to get some checks


More binki and discovering fingers

6 comments:

  1. ADORABLE....ADORABLE.....ADORABLE!!!

    Amazing how much he changes in just a few days isn't it!! Everyone looks wonderful and happy to be home!!
    WELCOME TO THE WORLD DAYTON!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the photos. He's so darn cute. Can't wait to get my hands on him again. Way to go Idaho!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow he is a very adorable baby! I love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You knew he'd be cute...look at his parents! I love the wide open eyes with the curly hair. So funny! You sure did good Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. SOOOOOOOOOO CUTE! I can't believe he's here! I also can't believe I wont see him until he's rolling over and squealing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cutie, i am glad he is doing good.

    ReplyDelete