Sunday, September 27, 2009

Harvest Time

The month of September has just flown by.  Wow, it is a little over whelming when we look back because we only have about 4 months to finish getting ready for our new little one.  I knew that once October came our time would just fly because of the Holidays that follow.  I decided to do potato harvest again this year and last week was my first week.  I asked the doctor and he said I could, for all your worry warts out there...and for the most part it went pretty smooth being the first week and all.  I did run into something new this year that was absent last year do to pregnancy, its a beautiful thing called swelling.  I didn't know that swelling hurt that bad, I just thought that your legs, ankles and feet got puffy but there is pain involved with that too.  So needless to say I have been drinking as much water as I possibly can (keep in mind that I am now a farm girl and toilets are none existing thing in a field) and I am eating lemons, limes and grapefruit to help control the  expecting pains when your expecting!  But enough moaning about the pains of pregnancy, I can feel the baby more and more every day and he is so much fun already.  I think we are going to have our hands full and he is going to be a little rug rat...like his daddy, but it is going to be a fun and challenging new chapter in our lives here at the Bird House.  Blaine is kind of slowing down a little bit with farm work and now comes the most important time of the year...Hunting Season!  Well whatever floats his boat, it is definitely not my thing to hunt but we are as opposite as night and day so we were obviously meant for each other.  He is entitled to do his fun and fulfilling things and I will do mine, this was an unspoken agreement when we first got married.  It is fun to see him get so excited, like a little boy, to go into the mountains and take his "cool toys" and spot a monster he is going to get this year.  I hope he just has fun as he enjoys his well deserved break for once and he better enjoy it now because come January no breaks for him. He will be at my every constant breakoning need. Well that just about updates the Bird house happenings.  We hope all of you are doing well.  This is our favorite time of the year when the weather cools, the air is a crisp smell, the leaves are changing into their beautiful colors of orange and red and we get to reap the benefits of what we sow...We hope you are all having a Happy Harvest too!

5 comments:

  1. I call this what goes around comes around. Remember when you came to Las vegas and we trecked around the strip in 100 degree heat, I was 8 months pregnant and swollen every night with huge cankles? Yeah it was your turn to experience the pleasure :)

    What helped me feel great was a swimming pool... so fill your tub to the tippy top and life will get great! Or just dig a hole in the field there and have the sprinkling system fill it up... that'll perk you up! the cold water sure will help that swelling! :)

    PS the tattoo coming off of Scotty's hand wasn't hurting but just making him sad that it was gone. I blame many of the tears lately on being sleep deprived!

    I hope Blaine is coping with the pregnancy stress well.. sometimes they need to be told how to help - foot massages are great couple time! (in my opinion not Rileys!)

    Don't forget to prop you feet up as OFTEN as possible, above your heart. Get home and lay on the couch to give Blaine dinner duty! I even propped my feet up all night. Then get in your shoes as quickly as possible. It's easier if they fit first thing in the morning and the swelling just goes to your ankles.. it's gross when they spill over the top of your shoes but at least your in your shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know where you are coming from saying leaves are red and beautiful shades of orange, here it always seems they turn BROWN more then anything. I am glad not to have swelling yet, but the morning sickness has turned into all day sickness... its great. Get Blaine to give you LOTS of back rubs, and make sure that he knows it is only going to be a back rub. Sorry I guess you can tell what has been difficult at our house. But the rubbing helps everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had to laugh at your comment regarding hunting.."whatever floats his boat..." you are so funny!!

    Enjoy the fall, colors, hunting, yes even that, remember hunting makes for great meals later on...take time for yourself too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was glad to find your updated blog. You are doing so well and your cheerful attitude is contagious. Enjoy the cool mornings and warm afternoons of harvest, they quickly turn to snowy days of winter. We are really looking forward to the arrival of the little guy- if you wrap him in a blue blanket, does that make him a blue bird? Just thought I'd ask. Keep up the good work. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Time for an update with a photo of Mom, the nursery etc!! HINT HINT

    ReplyDelete