Monday, May 11, 2009

April's showers bring May's flowers

My birthday was on Thursday and Blaine is such a sweetheart. He got up and cooked me breakfest at 6:30 he then woke me up before he had to go to work. It was such a suprise and so thoughtful. I went back to bed after he left and then he came home and gave me my present (which I am super excited about) it was a hot water bath for canning so I can use our garden more wisely this year. I am really excited to plant it too. I am just waiting until it warms up a little bit more. Blaine came home early and then we went to the temple, it was way over due but an awesome birthday present to spend time in the Lord's house. Then we went to Olive Garden for dinner, yum yum! It was a perfect birthday thanks to Blaine making it a special day for me! Yesterday was Mother's Day and I just want to thank my mom and Blaine's mom for all their love and sacrifice in our behalf. We are so blessed to have great Families. We had a wonderful sacrement meeting and then we rushed home to get changed and ready to go up to Blaine's parents house for dinner and the long awaited phone call from our favorite missionary, Mitchell. We had dutch oven potatoes and chicken, it was delicious. Mitchell called at about 3:30 and we all got to talk to him for a little bit. The anticipation was worth it. We are so proud of Mitchell and is good example to us. He only has 10 months left and only one phone call to go...pretty exciting. We called mom and talked to her for a little while too. Blaine told me yesterday, "Well Happy Mother's Day, even though you are not a mom." My reply to him was that I am a mother in Zion so it still counts. I love the month of May it is a beautiful way to begining the summer and ditch the freezing cold!

4 comments:

  1. You see, I love being your mother! We have had lots of fun together and even shared a few tears. Psalms 127:4-5 says: "As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are the children of the youth. Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them..." I have been blessed because my quiver holds four beautiful, intelligent, patient, loving, talented, happy, caring, funny, spiritual, gifted daughters. My cup runneth over! (The grandchildren in the quiver are "frosting on the cake."

    ReplyDelete
  2. When are you going to update this? :) -ME

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allright Slow Poke. Mitch's waiting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather...we KNOW there is more news and photos to take...enjoy this time!!

    Love Aunt Carmen

    ReplyDelete