Thursday, May 6, 2010

So close but still SO FAR....

        Our home made rapid progress a couple of months ago and now we have to wait.  The power is still not connected to the house yet and our septic system is incomplete.  We had to move out of our old home because it was being rented out to someone else.  I know you are thinking, "Who in their right mind would want to live in Holbrook"?  I know I wonder that myself sometimes too but they moved in so that meant we moved out and because of that we have been homeless as of April 29th.  It is a terrible feeling having to move out of our old home and we have a brand new house that we can't even live in yet.  Most likely it will be next week.  Things can easily be moved back by the week(s) when we have to rely on other people to do the work.  Hopefully it will be soon, Dayton, Blaine and I need to get back on a regular routine together as a family.
         Dayton is 4 months old tomorrow.  He is getting so big.  We love him so much.  While we have been "homeless" I have been staying at my mom's house and Blaine will call and check on us to see how we are doing.  I feel so bad that he has to stay back in Arbon (with his parents) and work so hard and miss out on our adorable son growing up...even if it is just for a week.  When he calls and asks how Dayton is doing, it is hard to believe what we use to talk about before we had him.  I am getting more and more remarks about how he is starting to look more like his mommy.  Although, I still look at him and think he is his daddy's boy through and through.  He is totally fascinated with his hands and he is becoming more interested in toys every day.   He giggles and laughs when we raise his arms above him head and say "big boy".  His big eyes sparkle and his smile widens lighting up my day when we do that.  He still loves his binki and still loves his baths kicking and playing vigorously.  His new thing is to hum when I rock him to sleep.  There are new discoveries daily.  He is also starting to teeter to his sides a little more when he is laying on his tummy, that means he will be a mover pretty soon and that gives me more to worry about.  I am grateful he is growing and developing perfectly normal.  There is a whole new side of worry when you are a parent.  But we do love our little boy he is the joy in our lives...and his grandparents too.  
       We are wishing all the moms a Happy Mother's Day on Sunday.

3 comments:

  1. Heather you are in Idaho? I am going to be there Monday and Tuesday! I am coming to Rexburg on one of those days! If you are going to be there! Call or text me so we can meet up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

    Love, Aunt Carmen and Uncle Greg Andrew too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I haven't checked your blog out for a while! It's amazing how quickly you update it once kids are involved! :) I can't believe everything that's been going on in your lives! I can't wait to see Dayton!

    ReplyDelete