Thursday, April 1, 2010

Update on....well....life!

        A lot has been happening the last week.  We got the other half of the house and they set it on the foundation.  We are very exctied to move in when they give us the ok. (optimistically thinking in about 2 weeks, we have to wait a week for the power company to come hook up the power.)  Dayton is growing so quickly, everyone warned us that would happen and you know they were right!  He will be 3 months on the 7th, crazy how time flies. 

Alicia is due on the 6th and we wish her and Andrew good luck with the start of their new chapter in life...it is fun and exhausting at the same time, but mostly FUN!  We are excited to have a new little cousin.  Happy Labor Day Alicia...we don't know when but it will be soon! We love you guys.

Blaine's younger brother, Elder Mitchell Thomas Bird will be returning home from Columbus, Ohio mission TOMORROW!!  We will post pictures after the event happens.  He will be coming home to 2 new nieces and 2 new nephews. (Dayton is the newest).


Here is our smiling boy! 

 
Our house being set on the foundation. It looks so good.

MY KITCHEN!

I went to Salt Lake to Becky's house last Wednesday and stayed the night.  We then packed up the kids and drove mom's car back to her in Rexburg (Blaine and I had borrowed it to get home because his semi broke when we last visited). Everyone thinks that Dayton looks similar to his older cousin Kimball so here are the two big eyed boys!

Dayton loves to cat nap so I have to hold him in order for him to stay asleep...which defeats the purpose of naps...to get other things done...so mom taught me a new trick...lay him between 2 pillows so he thinks I am holding him and he stays asleep longer...Hooray! Go mom...sorry, I mean Grandma!


I think tub pictures are the best, I snapped these this morning.  They are kind of blurry because he loves to kick and splash in the water.



6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Heather! I really need to meet Dayton! Good luck with the move! I love the coloring of everything! It is so cute!! I will have to come see it and get a tour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the house! I am so glad it wont be long before yo get to move in. We sure do love that little Dayton you really need to get a picture of him with his eyebrow thing, that is so funny! I love the one with Kimball though that is a pretty cute face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather is he so darn cute!! That is great about the house!! Maybe if we head that way we can stop and visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Heather! I am so excited to finally see your cute little Dayton! I have been just dying to see him! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He has grown in the last week since I saw him. I cannot wait to hold him, I have to wait a whole week. MAN!!! I cannot wait to see the house either. I like the kitchen, it will look darling all decked out in Coke!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe how big he is! They grow up over night! Can't wait to get my hands on him! LOVE the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete