Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pre and Post Christmas (in picture form)

     MERRY CHRISTMAS
(there's a small explanation of our adventures at the end following the pictures)

Decorating the Tree
& Preparing for Christmas

 Macey's First Christmas ornament


Seeing daddy after a week gone



It's hard to get a steady picture of wiggly baby

Dayton cried for Santa again this year but after Macey had her turn on Santa's lap then Dayton was ok to have his turn too.  He still talks about sitting on Santa's lap and getting a candy cane

I found Dayton staring at "Frosty" for a few minutes one day, long enough for me to grab a picture, that's a long time for a toddler!



Macey at 4 months



Our BEAUTIFUL happy baby!!!

"all by myself" he told me and pushed me away when he wanted to hold her


The Sorensen Family Party
Dayton was so excited to be the "sheep, baaaa for the nativity" 




'Cindy Lou Who'


Christmas Eve with the Bird family
On the year the siblings are with their other sides of family for Christmas Eve we eat crab and lobster




New snugly jammies from Grandma and Grandpa Bird

Christmas Morning

Macey's First Christmas!

Check out my hottie husband
(His smile is priceless)



Dayton had to help Macey open all her presents





Sledding in Rexburg
(Sadly these are the only pictures we got of Christmas in Rexburg)







           Our favorite time of the year has come and gone too quickly, I am just grateful for modern technology to capture the moment so we can keep re-living it. Time seems to fly under normal circumstances except for the past 2 and a half months Just a little history to catch us up to date, Blaine has been working in Wyoming since the middle of November, actually two days after our anniversary. (We were fortunate to spend our anniversary (5 years!!) together; a relaxing night at Lava Hot Spring without the kids). Blaine was gone a week and I went to my parent's house because I didn't think he was going to be home for Thanksgiving. It turned out that he was able to come home but just for the day. So I loaded the kids and drove home. We spent 8 wonderful hours together as a family. We decorated the tree, set up the village, made peanut brittle and then went to Malad for dinner. We sadly had to part ways again and Blaine had his 5+ hours drive back to Wyoming and the kids and I drove back up to Rexburg to stay with my parents to pass time (the kids have been such troopers to put up with all this). Blaine come home, nearly a month after he first left, (except for the 8 hours we had together on Thanksgiving day) on his birthday. It was so good to have him walk through the door. He has a special presence with him and our house is lacking that when he is gone. Luckily he had to come home to haul hay. We were able to spend time together right before and just after Christmas. Blaine even got to come to Rexburg to celebrate Christmas there with my family, it’s been awhile since he has been able to go there with me because he has been so busy working. I have been so blessed to have an amazing husband who scarifies much for us.


          This Wyoming deal has been a tough and challenging experience for our family. The saying, "distance makes the heart grow fonder" is starting to ring true for the both of us, it is just sad that we have to put the distance between us to know that it is true. I take for granted life's greatest blessings and I am learning to embrace those blessings more. Life is not easy but hopefully I am learning what the Lord wants me to learn through the trials and tribulations I have been given. This life is a time to learn valuable lessons and improve our character, hopefully I am doing both!






1 comment:

  1. Macey is so big! You two are troopers for being away from each other. I'm down with going to Cafe Rio! Come bring the kids down to go to jump zone with us to pass the time alone with 2 kids.

    ReplyDelete